For Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine’s stories and editorial articles that benefit breast cancer patients and thrivers and their caregivers
“There is a light in this world…a healing spirit much stronger
than any darkness we may encounter.
We sometimes lose sight of this force…
Where there is suffering and too much pain.
And suddenly the spirit will emerge…
Through ordinary people and answer in extraordinary ways.
God speaks in the silence of the heart when we listen.”
- Mother Teresa
Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine Thriver Profiles
The healing experiences of breast cancer survivors are the heart and reason we publish the Breast Cancer Wellness magazine. Profile articles are to be between 300 and 1800 words. The stories are to be written in positive and uplifting words from your heart. They can be about you or someone you know. We encourage stories from any age and that address any stage or aspect of our healing needs. The stories can be funny, sad, emotional, compassionate, joyful– all emotions are welcome as long as they project inspiration or empowerment.
The stories can include:
- How you overcame breast cancer.
- What your most challenging experience or fear was and how you specifically overcame or managed your challenge, emotion, or fear.
- What you have learned about your self, your life, or your community.
- The stories may also include how others (family, friends, medical, community, etc) helped you in your healing experiences.
- What you learned about healing, or any aspect of empowering your mind, your body, or
- How breast cancer has changed your life or your lifestyle, career, or relationship with self, with marriage, with others, or with God.
The purposes of these stories are to show how survivors have gone beyond their medical treatments, and how they have connected with something deeper within themselves to advance their healing experiences.
Submitted stories are sent to the editorial review committee. If selected, you will be asked to provide candid, full color, high resolution photos of yourself, family members or friends. The designer of the magazine loves lifestyle shots in addition to posed photos. These photos can be of a favorite moment, a vacation, or taken when you didn’t know the camera was on you. We ask that you provide several shots for the designer to choose from. We do not make any commitments as to which photos will be selected to appear with your printed story. Nor do we make any commitment as to who the cover girl of the magazine covers will be; sometimes this decision is determined by the highest quality photo. Full sized, full color, and high resolution photos are many times the final determination which articles appear in the magazine. If photos require crediting the photographer, it is necessary that this information be provided at the time of submitting the photos.
It is okay to check on the status of the submission of your story and to confirm it has been received.
Please email your “Profiles of Wellness” story to email.
We rarely accept submissions that have appeared elsewhere. Once your story has appeared in the magazine or posted on our website, you have our permission to have your story reprinted elsewhere, but we ask that you include that your story first appeared in the Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine (or website) and to include what volume and issue it appeared it, as well as our website, www.breastcancerwellness.org.
By submitting your story, you acknowledge:
- That you are granting permission for your story to be published with our organization.
- Your article is not plagiarized and that it is a true experience.
- That your story may or may not be accepted for publication in the magazine or to be posted on the website.
- That the story may be editorially or categorically changed once it is received and that any changes will be forwarded to you prior to going to print.
Each and every breast cancer survival story IS very important! Do not be discouraged if your article is not accepted for immediate publication. Most survivors advise that just putting their story into written words becomes very therapeutic for them, and what a wonderful blessing that is in itself. Also, if your story is not selected, feel free to submit another one.
You will only be contacted IF your story is being considered to appear in the Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine or website!
Sorry, at this time, we do not provide remuneration for any printed or posted articles or stories.
Periodically, the Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine considers unsolicited articles of interest for their readers.
The number of words falls into two categories: One page articles, which are to be between 300 to 450 words and all other which are to be between 500 and 1800 words.
If the article promotes or endorses specific products or services or if you or the organization that you are representing receive remuneration for the products or services mentioned, this is considered a form of advertising, and advertising rates will be applied. Articles may or may not be selected based upon paid advertising that your organization has with The Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine or Website.
Priority selection of articles to appear in The Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine or to be posted on www.BreastCancerWellness.org are based upon three criteria:
1. Current, relative, and beneficial information for breast cancer patients and survivors.
2. Unbiased journalism.
3. The article aligns with the financial responsibilities and integrity of the Breast Cancer Wellness mission. Printing, postage, and distribution costs are the bulk of our financial expenses and by adding more pages to the magazine to schedule new or unsolicited articles increases all costs and we ask that you consider helping us with the financial
requirements it takes to produce the magazine.
At the end of your article, feel free to include your email, contact information and website.
By submitting your article, you acknowledge:
- That you are granting permission for your article to be published.
- Your article is not plagiarized.
- That your article may or may not be accepted for publication in the magazine or to be posted on the website.
- That the article may be editorially or categorically changed prior to going to print, with or without your permission. However, any major changes will be forwarded to you prior to going to print.
If your article is selected, you will be required to provide a full color, high resolution (300 dpi) photo along with your mini bio. Please email article to email.
We do accept advertorial articles to be posted on the website or to appear in the magazine, but advertising rates apply.
We do not accept News or PR Releases because if we accepted for one, we would have to accept for all, and without financial support, it just isn’t possible.
Sorry, at this time, do not provide remuneration for any printed or posted articles or stories.
Publisher and Founder, Breast Cancer Wellness